Student email is changing!
Posted: March 1, 2011
- What's happening to student email?
- Student mailboxes will soon move over to live@edu, a hosting service from Microsoft.
- Why the change?
- To give students more space and services! This move allows OTS to increase student mailboxes from 30mb to 10gb, so student mailboxes will be over 300 times larger.
- When will this change take place?
- The new student mailboxes will be live on Tuesday, March 29. Please continue to access email as normal until this date. When logging in to your regular email via the web, you will be given more specific instructions on how to access your new mailbox.
- Will my email address change?
- No, your email address will remain the same. No evansville.edu email addresses will change.
- Will I lose any email?
- No, anything that is in your mailbox will move with it.
- How will I get to my mail after the move?
- Once your mailbox has moved, you will be redirected to the new site when you log into your email.
- I have my UE email set to forward to another account. Will this continue to work after the move?
- Not until you reconfigure it. Some of the POP3, IMAP and mobile settings will change so you will need to set your forwarding up again after your mailbox moves. You can find detailed instructions on redirecting your mail here: http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/cc875899.aspx This is something you should do on or after March 29.
- I am a member of staff/administrator/faculty and also a student. Will my mailbox change?
- No, employee mailboxes are not changing. If you are an employee and a student, your employee status takes precedence.
- How can I connect my new mailbox to my phone?
- You will find detailed instructions on setting up your mobile phone here: http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/dd936215.aspx This is something you should do on or after March 29.
- I live in the dorms, how will this affect my voicemail account?
- You will still receive voicemails in your email inbox but will lose the ability to get to them from your phone or setup greetings. All missed calls will get the greeting "The extension <your extension> is unavailable, please leave a message after the tone." You will only be able to listen to the messages by opening the VoiceMessage.wav attachment that comes with your voicemail message.
- I have more questions. Who can I talk to?
- Please call the OTS helpdesk at 812-488-2077, email email@example.com or check out the Microsoft site here http://my.liveatedu.com